Sunday, February 20, 2011

A witch!

I'm a big fan of Monty Python. (Don't worry. I'm going to circle this back around to being relevant.) I've seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail many times. So many in fact, that whenever I think of apples, I think of the witch scene from the Holy Grail. Here it is in case you've never seen it. (And I hope that's not the case for anyone. And if it is, you should remedy that situation ASAP.)




It's a bit long, but funny. The important part is the section regarding what else floats in water. Apples!

So I was in the West Side Market (not the one in Cleveland, the one at Broadway and 110th) picking out some more Granny Smiths when I said "Apples!" because that's the only way I can say that word. I said it out loud. It's okay, New York is full of crazies. I didn't think it would cause sideways looks. However I didn't expect that a person on the other side of the fruit bin would respond, "very small rocks!"

Totally made my day. Best moment in NYC so far.

1 comment: