Tuesday, January 18, 2011

You Got Your Grape In My Apple

It's tough to get anywhere in an apple challenge, and as I am completely out, I hit the store tonight to stock up on more apples and get myself caught up.

At the end of one of the apple sections I noticed a little 4-pack of apples that catches my eye.

To be honest, the "Free Soccer Ball" is what lured me in to begin with but then I wondered what was so special about these apples that they were in their own package rather than just hanging out with all of the other renegade apples. Why so fancy?

Upon closer inspection I found these apples were not your average apples. Apples for sure, yet different ... Grāpple! (pronounced "Grape-L" rather than "Gr-apple"). What on earth? Apples infused with natural and artificial grape flavor, that's what.

While intrigued, I got a little freaked out about grape infused apples so I didn't buy any of the Grapples and just stuck with the standard apple options. But now I've checked out the information on the Grapple web site and am slightly more open to the idea (that internet sure is persuasive), so in the name of experimentation and of Apple Challenge 2011 variety I think I will pick up a pack next time I'm at the store. Perhaps even two packs so I can get a Grapple soccer ball. "Allow 90 days from receipt of order" should get me a ball just in time for Spring soccer season. Yes!

I'll be sure to update if once I get on the Grapple bandwagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment