Saturday, January 8, 2011

day of a thousand apples... or three

So far I’ve been on track for the apple-a-day – 7 for 7. But, I’m worried I might pull a mile challenge and just end up taking a month-long break or two. That got me to thinking, if I got seriously behind in the apple challenge, would I be able to make it up? Would I be able to sit down and enjoy four apples in a day? Enjoy? I don’t know about that. But to have multiple apples in a day could end up being a real challenge. So I decided to challenge myself.

Today is my day of apples. Exhibit A: Breakfast.


Yep. That’s right. I own a gallon of maple syrup. I also made my own apple cinnamon oat meal from scratch and it was delicious.

Exhibit B: Lunch


I’ve seen a few people posting about their apple and cheddar sandwiches, so here’s mine -- Granny Smith apple, extra sharp cheddar, and ham! Perfect. (And I know it looks skimpy on the apple. I only used half of the apple, and ate the other half old school style.)

Exhibit C: Dinner


The classic combination of pork chops and apples. The recipe was from Martha Stewart and she wouldn't steer you wrong.

Three apples down, and I'm not sick of them yet. In fact, I'm ready for more. Maybe some apple crisp for dessert!

1 comment: